While tracing one of my Mother’s, Mother’s line, I kept following the female’s family. Here’s the line through my mother to Abigail Olcutt born Porter 9th Great Grandmother)
- My mother, Gertrude V Boles (1900-1957)
- Horace C Bushnell (1867-1952) and Julia Caroline Wood (1862-1948)
- Gilbert Wood (1829-1885) and Elvira F Halbert (1833-1909)
- Archimedes Halbert (1796-1861) and Sabarah(Sabra) Cady (1799-1892)
- Henry Green Cady (1753-1813) and Asenath Morris 1777-1860)
- Darius Morris (1751-1793) and Elizabeth Fisher (1754-1777)
- Nathan Fisher (1705-1771) and Hannah Olcott (1723-1787)
- Cullick Olcott (1699-1732) and Susannah Knowlton (1698-1754)
- Thomas Olcott IV (1671-1732) and Sarah Foote (1673-1756)
- Thomas Olcott III (1637-1719) and Mary Cullick (1641-1721)
- Thomas Olcott II (1612-1654) and Abigail Porter (1615-1693)
It is this Abigail Porter who wrote her last will and testament and gave a clear testimony of her Salvation. She was the wife of Thomas Olcott II, who was one of the first settlers of Hartford, Connecticut. She is buried in Hartford, Connecticut. See:
It continues on, distributing things to the family. It is signed below.
Wow! What a clear indication of her salvation in the Lord, and knowing that I also know the Lord as my Savior, I’ll meet my 9th Great grandmother in heaven. Abigail (Olcott) Porter, I wonder if you ever prayed for the salvation of your future descendents?
Praise the Lord for her, and without her, I wouldn’t be here. It takes all of our ancestors for us to be born.
Timothy’s faith was demonstrated by those before him:
“For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:5-7 NASB)